Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Saluti continued....

These are some of the pictures I wanted to include yesterday. However, I just figured out that to avoid having to drag and drop (which doesn't work because the window is not big enough) you put the pictures in first starting with the last one you want people to see. Never mind, I know it sounds rediculous but so far it's working.

The picture below is of the organ, still in use today for Church services in the Pantheon. I have no idea how old it is but it can't be more than 7 or 8 feet wide. Really quite amazing.

The next picture is of Adrianna's Temple, well what's left of it anyway. I think it's quite amazing that through millenia, people in this part of the world appreciate their heritage and have always tried to preserve it.


This is the view from one side of the covered terrace of the Pallazzo Venezia to the other. It is quite a spectacular building.


This last photo I took this morning before I left Rome. I had capuccino and a sticky bun at this little cafe.

I'll be back in a while to tell you all about my trip from Rome to Florence. As they say on TV - Stay Tuned....
Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment